Tuesday, October 21, 2008

support prop 8

I was thinking it is such a shame I don't have a yard to display a YES on 8 yard sign. I think many of us are in the same boat, apartments, condos, etc. I thought it might be a good idea to "adopt a corner" if each of us adopted a corner to "man" a sign we could have them all over. When I say man I mean just make sure your corner always has a sign, since the no campaign has had a bit of a history of stealing, destroying or vandalizing our signs.
(Also I will throw in a friendly reminder to never touch a no sign. Really let's not stoop to that level.)

Also I would urge you all to wear your support, you can go totally grass roots and make a shirt (which i did) or you can buy a totally awesome one here. Andy if you want to link this to the side of the blog its www.whatisprop8.com/shirts.html They are selling them at cost (including shipping) and want to get them out as fast as possible.We have less than 2 weeks left now!

Since the no campaign has been making serious dinero lately I also wanted to post a link for donations here. Donate as much or as little as you can, it will all help. Think of the magic number 8! We are down to the wire in this campaign and it's imperative we keep up the momentum!
link this one to Andy! https://www.icontribute.us/protectmarriage/initiative/schools There is probably a better way for me to tell you this but this way i link it more, that's good right?!?! I'll do it again here! I think i got the magic number 8 links in this post, may be over kill...

Well in true Lisa fashion I got pics for you!

Here are the proud men and women braving the elements and waving there signs. These events are gaining so much momentum. Each time I go there are more and more people. Great job guys you are amazing!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

La Catira said...

Great post...love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

It's a very interesting debate, probably one of the most interesting in many years. I moved back to California 2 years ago after spending 5 in Oregon. Personally, I'm against Prop. 8 but I feel that everyone has a right to a vote and that it should not be the decision of the courts. If it passes, it passes. If it fails, it fails. I have no problems with gays being allowed to have the same rights as everyone else. My mom always tells me that this is similar to things she saw growing up in the South in the 1960's, only with a different set of citizens.

Thanks!

http://kreuzer33.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/yes-or-no-on-proposition-8-in-california/